Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nic3186

Can't access my refund from credit karma

My refund was deposited into my credit karma account 4weeks ago. The phone number I used to verify my account on was destroyed when my home was destroyed because of a house fire. I've sent my id and my SSN and they refuse to let me access my money. I've lost everything and they will not help me. It's my money and I can't even pay to put a roof over my head since I no longer have a home. Someone please help. I've confirmed my identity with the IRS what seems to be the f*******problem I need my money.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

@nic3186 wrote:

My refund was deposited into my credit karma account 4weeks ago. The phone number I used to verify my account on was destroyed when my home was destroyed because of a house fire. I've sent my id and my SSN and they refuse to let me access my money. I've lost everything and they will not help me. It's my money and I can't even pay to put a roof over my head since I no longer have a home. Someone please help. I've confirmed my identity with the IRS what seems to be the f*******problem I need my money.

Does the "they" refer to customer service at Credit Karma?  Did Credit Karma make you send in documents of identification before they release the funds?  If so, what is the reason they refuse to help you further?   Have you asked for someone higher up?

Credit Karma was acquired by Intuit a couple of years ago.   Here's how you can write directly to the Office of the President of Intuit, and they say they will get back to you the next business day.  The contact form and a box for explanation of your issue is at the link below.   Where it asks "What's your concern related to", in the dropdown company list choose "Credit Karma."   Don't send any personal info such as SSN, DOB, etc. initially until/unless they require it later.

https://www.intuit.com/company/contact/office-of-the-president/

nic3186

Thanks for your response. U fortunately credit karma closed out my account and mailed a paper check without notifying me or giving me an explanation as to why they did this. But they mailed it to the address that no longer exists. Burnt up. I have never had so much hassle to gain access to my money. I sent in everything they asked for and still refused to give me access to my funds here it is going on 5 wks now and now I have to wait another 2-3 weeks to get the check of someone doesnt rip it off from the mailbox before I have a chance to pick it up.

Sorry you had to go through all that.   Going forward, if you use TurboTax again, the safest thing to do for a tax refund, IMO after helping in this forum and seeing problems over the years, is to use a traditional bank checking account to receive the funds and to pay all TurboTax fees upfront with credit/debit card, while avoiding any third-party offers.    I don't know if you chose to pay any product fees out of your Federal refund or not, but for folks who did choose that pay-out-of-refund method, that also adds an extra link in the chain, since the refund first goes to an intermediary bank, thus increasing the chance of something discombobulating.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies