Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kindcollabs
Returning Member

Can someone tell me how to link my Intuit accounts so my 2020 return will be recognized as I am working on my 2021 return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can someone tell me how to link my Intuit accounts so my 2020 return will be recognized as I am working on my 2021 return?

You have to transfer the 2020 tax return to the 2021 tax return when starting the 2021 return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for transferring the prior year tax return to the current year tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/transfer-last-y...

Note - If you used the TurboTax online editions for the 2020 tax return then you Must sign onto the TurboTax 2021 account with the exact same User ID you used to create the 2020 online account.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

There is no way to link separate TurboTax Online accounts. In order to transfer information from your 2020 tax return, you have to do your 2021 tax return in the same account that you used for your 2020 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies