Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dkkgall

Can not print my amend to file to the irs

I have used turbo tax to try to file an ament to my 2022 taxes.  I get to the end and it tells me to print the file and mail to the IRS...well there is no way to print the form. How do i get the file to print?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Did you amend the 2022 tax return using the TurboTax desktop edition?  In the File section you save the return as a PDF and print the return using the print icon in a PDF viewer.

dkkgall

It's the online version. 

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.

dkkgall

No Tax Tools.  There is top left file..edit... view...Tools, but even in the tools tap there is nothing that says print center. 

@dkkgall wrote:

No Tax Tools.  There is top left file..edit... view...Tools, but even in the tools tap there is nothing that says print center. 

You are using the TurboTax desktop editions installed on a personal computer, not the online editions.

Click on the File tab to the right of the Review tab.  When in the File section, click on Print/Save for your records.  Click on Print or Save a PDF.

dkkgall

There a print center top right, but I print to PDF and it's just the all the tax forms no amendment form 

Did you actually go through the Amend procedure or did you just correct the errors on the filed tax return?

To amend a tax return using the desktop editions -

Continue the tax return that needs to be amended

Click on Federal Taxes

Click on Other Tax Situations

Under Other Tax Forms

On Amend a return, click on the start button

dkkgall

I will look into what you are describing it a bit different than what I did.  However the way I did it it tells me "Way to go! You've now finished amending your return. Just be sure to mail it in".

Thanks for your help I will look in to the direction you mentioned. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies