christianava12

Can I update my 2020 tax filing after I have e-filed but before 2/12/2020 when the IRS begins processing tax filings?

bluedeb

No, once you e-file a return, you cannot get it back or make any changes to it.  You will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected to make any changes.  Do not make any changes to your e-filed return, it will not go through.  The IRS is not accepting returns until Feb. 12th, you will have to wait until then to see if your return is accepted or rejected.

Your return will show Pending until the IRS starts accepting returns.

If rejected, you can enter or change your information, then re-e-file.

If accepted, you would have to amend your return to make changes or add information.

bluedeb