Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I remove an incorrect amount entred in "Other Income Taxes" when it doesn't appear in the Updates?

The total appears under "Estimates and Other Taxes  Paid" on the "Deductions and Credits" page, but I am unable to track it down so I can delete it. "Update" doesn't show it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Can I remove an incorrect amount entred in "Other Income Taxes" when it doesn't appear in the Updates?

Yes, you can.  To make this adjustment in TurboTax Online:

1. Open TurboTax Online
  2. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  3. On the  Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown on the right side of the Deductions & Credits box, then select StartContinue, Review/Edit or Pick up where you left off
  4. Scroll down and select the dropdown to the right of Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  5. Select  Start or Revisit to the right of Income Taxes Paid
  6. Select the dropdown to the right of Other Income Taxes Paid in 2023

From here, you should be able to make the changes you're asking about.

@mickster01-gmail 

Wait, are you using the "Online" software, or the Desktop/download software??

IF you are actually using the Desktop/download software, then the $$ that shows up on the main menu page for "Other Income Taxes".....that number also includes both state and Federal withholding showing on any tax forms you entered in the Federal Wages&Income section  (and a few other possible things)  So the "Other......." $$ amount may not be anything you entered within that menu line itself.

IF you are using the Desktop/download software on a Windows computer, you can click on the number on the main menu screen and see what it includes.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you for the replies. I should have clarified that I'm using the Desktop version with a Mac. What I eventually did was go to the Forms section and made my correction by deleting the form that had incorrect information. A quick and dirty fix.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies