userknels1963

Can I file my taxes now or should I wait?

Do I need to wait to file my taxes on Feb 15th?
Kat

If your return(s) are ready to e-file, you can go ahead and file.  But the IRS won't open tax season until February 12.  What that means is that your return will sit on TurboTax servers until the IRS begins processing returns.

Before e-filing, just be sure that you have ALL of your tax documents that you're expecting.  Many people file too early and receive tax documents after filing.  Not a good plan.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
CarissaM

You can submit your taxes now if you wish, it will put your return in line for when the IRS begins accepting returns on Feb 12, 2021. 

Once the IRS begins accepting returns, you would then get an email if your return has been accepted or rejected.