billingsley

Can I change my tax return after previewing?

I want to preview my TurboTax tax return before filing and still be able to make changes.

DanaB

Yes, you can. To preview your return:

1. On the left side of your screen, select Tax Tools, then Tools.
  2. Under Tool Center, select View Tax Summary.
  3. On the left side of your screen, select Preview my 1040.

If you selected to print the return and see the Home Screen when you log in then please follow the instructions below to open your return back up to be able to make changes:

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this opens the return back up)
  5. Select the area on the left where you need to make changes (My Info, Federal, State).

Please be aware if you previously have clicked on "Amend return", you might have to click "cancel amend" and then when you get back to the Tax Home screen please click again on "Add a State" to get the return to open back up.

DanaB

Yes, you can. To preview your return:

2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.