Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Can I amend my efiled returns?

1 Reply
Level 5

Can I amend my efiled returns?

If you’ve already filed your tax return and then discovered information that needs to be updated or changed, your next step is to wait to see if the IRS accepts the original tax return before you do anything else.

If the IRS accepts your current year tax return, submit an amended 2017 tax return to correct mistake.  Note, it is recommended that you also wait until you receive your refund, if one is due, before you file the amendment.

If the IRS rejects your current year tax return, you'll have the opportunity to fix the mistake using TurboTax and then e-file the corrected version. Use this link o help you amend if it is necessary

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings