Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening NOW!!!

Can I amend my 2021 tax return

Can I amend my 2021 tax return

Did you already file a 2021 return?   Has that tax return been fully processed?   Why do you want to amend?

Can I amend my 2021 tax return

Yes and again I checked with irs.gov and I will not be getting my taxes...says I filed as head of household and I am not..I don't know what went wrong

Can I amend my 2021 tax return

Look at your Form 1040.   What does it show for your filing status?   Is the box for Head of Household checked?  Did you have a qualifying dependent for 2021?

Did you receive a letter from the IRS?   What does the letter say?   What are you trying to accomplish by amending?  What do you plan to change?

Can I amend my 2021 tax return

Checked irs.gov...and they noted that I will be getting a letter soon....

Can I amend my 2021 tax return

Well---wait for the letter and see what it says before you jump into amending your tax return.