Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I amend my 2021 tax return

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Did you already file a 2021 return?   Has that tax return been fully processed?   Why do you want to amend?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes and again I checked with irs.gov and I will not be getting my taxes...says I filed as head of household and I am not..I don't know what went wrong

Look at your Form 1040.   What does it show for your filing status?   Is the box for Head of Household checked?  Did you have a qualifying dependent for 2021?

Did you receive a letter from the IRS?   What does the letter say?   What are you trying to accomplish by amending?  What do you plan to change?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Checked irs.gov...and they noted that I will be getting a letter soon....

Well---wait for the letter and see what it says before you jump into amending your tax return.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies