Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I amend a 2022 1040 form now to add a W2? I received a message in Turbo Tax stating the IRS hasn't gotten the amend section ready yet.

I loaded the 2022 version of Turbo Tax and then brought in the original 2022 return that was previously filed. Help info we found said the return amount should be 0 and you should only update what needs to be amended. However, we saw the refund amount. We continued to the Federal section to add the W2 and it increased the amount of the refund, but it looks like this is the total of what the full refund should have been, not the additional amount over what was already refunded.  Did I do something wrong that it causing me not to be able to complete the amendment?  What do I need to do at this point?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I amend a 2022 1040 form now to add a W2? I received a message in Turbo Tax stating the IRS hasn't gotten the amend section ready yet.

Is there an amount on line 16 of the 1040X?

After you downloaded the software did you check for updates?   If not, that is why it is saying the Form 1040X is not ready yet.   You need to update the software after you install it.

And...your amended 2022 return will have to be filed by mail.   It cannot be e-filed.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies