Can I adjust / reduce my stated 2017 state tax return value to reflect a prior year (2013) deficiency adjustment I had to pay this past year?

No, the state tax paid to a prior year doesn't change your refund or tax due for this year.  If you itemized in the federal return, it could have been used as a deduction in the federal, but  states don't allow that deduction in the state return.

I did itemize in the federal return. Where in TT would I report it / take the deduction on this year's federal taxes?