johnny7532

Can anyone tell me why I didn't get my child tax credit in July? I amended my taxes for unemployment refund could this be hold it it up?

Bsch4477

The IRS has instructed us to not amend  a return for the unemployment payment deduction.  You will have to wait for your filing to be reconciled by the IRS. 

According to the IRS if your return, even an amended one is still processing then  you will not receive the advance child tax credit payments.  Go to topic Q B 12  as of June 30th there were 35 million US income tax returns that had not been processed and estimated only 3% of phone calls were being answered. Verify that here