Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Called my employers for w-2 never sent them out to me and told me I have to call cooperate which I did but never got anything I got sent blank w-2

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Called my employers for w-2 never sent them out to me and told me I have to call cooperate which I did but never got anything I got sent blank w-2

If your employer hasn’t sent you the form yet, contact them and ask for a copy. Make sure they have your correct address.

If you’re unable to get your Form W-2 from your employer, contact the Internal Revenue Service at 800-TAX-1040. 

• The IRS will contact your employer or payer and request the missing form.
  • Let them know: •
    •  your name, address, Social Security number and phone number; • 
    • your employer’s name, address and phone number; • 
    • the dates you worked for the employer; and • 
    • an estimate of your wages and federal income tax withheld in 2022. 
    • You can use your final pay stub to figure these amounts. 

If, after contacting the IRS, you still do not have your Form W-2, you have two choices: 

1.  File your return by the April due date and use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. Try to estimate your wages and withholding as best you can. 
  2.  Ask for more time to file by using Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S Individual Income Tax Return. You can even e-file the request.

Also see:    What To Do If You Haven't Received a W-2

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your employer hasn’t sent you the form yet, contact them and ask for a copy. Make sure they have your correct address.

If you’re unable to get your Form W-2 from your employer, contact the Internal Revenue Service at 800-TAX-1040. 

• The IRS will contact your employer or payer and request the missing form.
  • Let them know: •
    •  your name, address, Social Security number and phone number; • 
    • your employer’s name, address and phone number; • 
    • the dates you worked for the employer; and • 
    • an estimate of your wages and federal income tax withheld in 2022. 
    • You can use your final pay stub to figure these amounts. 

If, after contacting the IRS, you still do not have your Form W-2, you have two choices: 

1.  File your return by the April due date and use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. Try to estimate your wages and withholding as best you can. 
  2.  Ask for more time to file by using Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S Individual Income Tax Return. You can even e-file the request.

Also see:    What To Do If You Haven't Received a W-2

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies