turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lowder19

Been 19 days. Refund accepted , still not approved by IRS

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Not unusual ... all you can do is wait patiently.

The IRS no longer processes returns in first in first out batches. They are processed individually so returns sent in at the same time will not necessarily process together.

The IRS states that 9 of 10 returns will process in 21 days or less. However considering that the IRS processes more than 140 million returns that means 14 million will be delayed for more than 21 days. 

Think of the IRS process as a long pipe line. Some returns will be rejected before being allowed into the pipe and the rest will be accepted. Then once accepted into the pipeline many will process directly through without any delays and some will not.  Some returns will be siphoned off for further review of some kind. The basis of what triggers these reviews is a well guarded secret but some are just picked randomly every year.

Some reviews are automated and some will require human attention. The processing times will vary and due to the continued under staffing situation   they are likely to take much longer this year than last.

MaryLO

First suggestion is to be sure you are tracking your refund at IRS link “Where’s My Refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If Where's My Refund shows "Received" (Accepted) then the following link gives information about what to do when your return is accepted but not approved yet and whether you should worry or not. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2724106-my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is-there-a-pr...

It has been sitting in received since February 13,2021what is the problem

im starting to get concern i mean **bleep** can we really be so unlucky to be in the batch of the last ones i was accepted feb 13 and wheres my refund has been useless

I am wondering if our refunds are being delayed because we used TurboTax.  Since Turbo Tax had such issues last year, maybe the IRS is trying to teach people a lesson.

a lot of the comments from Feb 26 say  they got them on that date.  Maybe the ones due March 6 will, too.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies