Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mlward

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

I finally got my refund after waiting nearly 8 months.

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

today i got a letter saying they are continuing to disallowed all issues under examination as residency has not been verified for more than 6 months wow so im not getting my refund cause they want more letters from eithr school or medical records for what each month? it should have {removed} said so from the start i send 2 or 3 months apart showing that they still living with me and a lease that gets renewed yearly and they still want more? wow i didnt have to send all that last time i got audit for the same damn reason! wtf and they added extra crap i didnt even pick like this one for head of household i didn't pick that i put single! on my form  they just wanted to ruin my taxes

I posted about 5 months ago now and I STILL HAVE NOT received my refund.  I honestly don't know what to do anymore or whom to go to. Still get the same answer every time I call which is 'just be patient' I have been patient for long enough I can't be patient anymore I need to know where and why I haven't received my refund. Of course every time I call the call mysteriously gets disconnected it's beyond frustrating.  I was going to amended but I don't even know what I am suppose to be amending.

I got the letter too. The IRS reported a glitch... They employed another 500 irs agents in 2017. I have purchased the TT legal aid for 2017 too. I would see that the system is untrustworthy. Large runs of random letters going out to people that have been upright with their filings and are in dire need of their return. What a shame. I am blessed to not need it at this time. I just have to wait like everybody else. I feel the community pain here. Been a TT'er for 18 years. Havent seen this level of IRS failure ever. Must be a new program. Could be an ace in our pockets if ever their was an audit for anyone. Just sayin'

no wonder this years been the worse, i was audit i know i send the right papers yet i got aletter saying i didn't and was getting 0 refund, so i refuse to sign it and re send the papers again cause i said i could at the bottom of the second lettter now i got a new letter saying i gotta wait until april of next year for them to review the new stuff like seriously? it takes like 10 minutes to get this shit done and they can't even do that they must have hired 500 of the most retarded people in the country or all this could be a ploy to get back at trump

I filed 1/26/18, got audited & returned all docs requested by 3/15/18. Was told they was 6 months behind and I'd have a response by 9/29/19. Got a letter they still haven't received my schedule C income (Jackson Hewitt didn't seem to think that too important to do). I amended my return and it was accepted 10/05/18, then it went to adjusted 11/2/18. ... So am I owed interest on all this time ? And I know I'm due a return so is it on it's way or will I actually be waiting till the 3 weeks for whatever notice ? I really just want this crap to be over and be able to see if anyone else is going through this and if they received there refund ,how long after it said adjusted did it take to get your check , and was there interest ?

I finally received my refund a few weeks ago thank goodness. They gave me about 300 extra. Took 10 months but finally everything went through.

@ASHRJ19651 Silly question Did you get your refund before the government shutdown? And was it a paper check? I was wondering because before the shutdown, my bars came back and my status was processing as of 11/24. Now of course, the website shows nothing. I received a paper in September that said my case would be reviewed 1/19. I was hoping for a miracle at this point. I filed 3/8/18.

i'm still under review is that what you call it, suppose to finish or contact me by April of this year but how will this affect taxes this year? do i file like every year or do i need to file different papers? or are taxes cancel/stop or delay  since there is a government shutdown
CWill5

Sounds like this a lot of us are still in the same position. I received another letter in 09/2018 telling me to allow 60 days before they make a decision. I should say I filed 01/2018. They have told me nothing, they apologize, they wait then more letters. I called my tax advocate only to find she had  I called the tax advocate again in October only to find she had quit. Finally in December Im able to call and get through to an agent after 45 min of holding and 20 minutes of explaining, the agent was apologetic, and assigned me another tax advocate. She told me everything was processed the return was just "sitting" there. I was feeling positive and waiting for the tax advocate to call and THEN .....the government shut down.  I dont know what else to do at this point Im about to file another tax year.
w412407

i just recieve a cp05 letter dated until May 3 but when i call they say call back on April 26 prior to that i receive a 4883 letter to verify my identity which take another 9 weeks and i did that went in to local irs office and i just got cp05 dated march 19 this is crazy its my money and i want it now got things i need to will update once something happens

Iv been waiting since feb for mine still noting and TT had the nerve to take the money from my account like first of all get me my dam taxes back first ! Do something . The IRS is playing with my money gezz im stressed out . 

Im pretty sure ive got you guys beat. I filed 1/29. It took 6 weeks to tell me I was under review than a month to tell me what was wrong. I sent the tax return they needed before I even got the letter asking me for it. This was in April. They rcvd the 2016 return on May 3, 2018. First I got the standard 6 weeks, then it was 8 weeks, after it was 12 weeks. After calling every week for the last 3 months, last week a representative placed a "referral" on the account.... Take a gander at how long thats going to take?.... ANOTHER 12 WEEKS! Ive been waiting for my refund for 7 months and I have no hope of getting it before November. I asked the representative this morning how it could be possible to take a total of 24 weeks to process a return... No real response. This is an embarrasment. Ive thought about finding an attorney but everywhere i read says dont even bother. 

queenie

I filed mine early February. It got accepted february 5 it’s not March 15 I have an advocate but she says it  won’t till April 3 best case scenario or may 10 worst case scenario that I will get my refund and top it all off is that TurboTax sent me a bill although I said take it from my refund. Has anyone had any luck getting theirs 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies