Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

muthu88

Wrong SSN on W2 form and got corrected W2, do I need to upload W2c form in turbox tax while filing tax returns

My SSN was wrongly mentioned in W2 and I have received W2-c from my employer. The only change was made to my SSN so do i need to mention this while filing tax returns? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
sara_c

Wrong SSN on W2 form and got corrected W2, do I need to upload W2c form in turbox tax while filing tax returns

As long as you did not file a tax return using the prior incorrect W-2, just use the correct W-2 to file. The IRS and SSA (Social Security Administration) both get copies of the corrected W-2 form, so you do not need to explain. 

Alternatively, if you filed already using the incorrect W-2, you will need to file a corrected return.

muthu88

Thanks for your response, while filing the tax returns there was an option to select for W-2 c form (if we have corrected W-2) do i need to select that option "Correct W-2" as only the SSN was corrected and there are no other changes.
sara_c

Select My Account>Tools>Topic search. Type w-2 in the search field, then select GO. You will land on the W-2 summary page. Select edit, next to the W-2 you wish to review. Edit the boxes for the corrected amounts reported on corrected W-2 form. Continue with interview.
On the page, Do any of these uncommon situations apply to this W-2?, mark the box half way down list to indicate that you received a Corrected W-2
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies