turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jennk1209

Anyone know when the stimulus checks should come

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will start directly depositing the economic impact payment—otherwise known as the stimulus check—directly into Americans' accounts for mid-April, around April 15.

These first direct deposits will go to Americans who filed tax returns in the past two years and whose payment details are already on record.

For those who have not filed tax returns recently, the Treasury said it was developing "in the coming weeks" a web-based portal to allow these people to provide their bank details and receive immediately the economic impact payment rather than waiting for checks in the mail.

https://www.newsweek.com/stimulus-checks-irs-deposit-date-coronavirus-1496261

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will start directly depositing the economic impact payment—otherwise known as the stimulus check—directly into Americans' accounts for mid-April, around April 15.

These first direct deposits will go to Americans who filed tax returns in the past two years and whose payment details are already on record.

For those who have not filed tax returns recently, the Treasury said it was developing "in the coming weeks" a web-based portal to allow these people to provide their bank details and receive immediately the economic impact payment rather than waiting for checks in the mail.

https://www.newsweek.com/stimulus-checks-irs-deposit-date-coronavirus-1496261

I went to the Stimulus Registration on Turbo Tax on April 6th and entered my direct deposit routing # and my acct # with my credit union. I called my credit union yesterday and they informed me that I have a pending deposit in the amount of $1200 that will post no later than April 22nd I also checked the IRS get my payment info page and entered my info, informed me of a pending deposit to post no later than April 22nd. Thank you Turbo Tax for having the Stimulus Registration website up and running before the IRS had it! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies