Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sueclin

Anyone has had their excess state disability insurance calculated incorrectly by Turbotax? I got a notice from CA FTB mentioning that my excess SDI is differ from theirs

I received a notice from CA FTB that they changed my 2022 tax return which resulted in a balance and penalty that I have to pay by 10/16/2023.  I double-checked my excess SDI on my CA tax return and found it was automatically calculated by TurboTax.  It has a difference of $145 + the penalty that I have to pay back to the state. What can I do at this point?  Will TurboTax reimburse my payment due to their error?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Anyone has had their excess state disability insurance calculated incorrectly by Turbotax? I got a notice from CA FTB mentioning that my excess SDI is differ from theirs

the guarantee says  TurboTax wlil pay your penalty not your total balance due.

@sueclin 

How much wages is in box 1?  And for the SDI?  The SDI Withholding Rate for 2022 is 1.1 percent.  So multiple box 1 x .011.   How much is your box 14 or 19 for SDI?  The 2022 maximum to withhold for each employee is $1,601.60.  You may have picked the wrong code for something else or entered the amount wrong.  

Do you have more than 1 W2?  Are you married?  You might have entered both spouse's W2 for the same person so it looks like 1 person went over the max.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies