Because the IRS issues refunds not TurboTax, we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund as of yet. You'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay as they are the only ones with the ability to check your information. You can reach them at 800-829-1040. When calling, be sure to have the following:
- Your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Your filing status (Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joint, or Married Filing Separate)
- Your prior-year tax return (they may ask you questions from it to verify your identity)
- A copy of the tax return you’re calling about
- Any letters they may have sent you
- Paper and pen to take notes—make sure to write down the day you called and the name and ID number of the agent you spoke to, as well as any instructions or deadlines you were given.
Please note: It may take over an hour to get your call answered as the IRS lines are busy at this time of year.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
The IRS provides no "live assistance". I prepared my taxes with Turbotax. Both state and federal were "accepted". I received the state refund. Federal send me a note asking for more info, which I promptly submitted and which they received 2 weeks ago. No communication since then and they cannot be reached by phone.
I, also, have not received my "stimulus" check and I wonder if one is linked to the other. I have direct deposit.
Attempts to get status from irs.gov are futile.
On tax return: "tax return is still being prepared"
On stimulus: "can't determine eligibility"
Any idea on where to get current status? Of course, I can wait!