Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone else have a delayed IRS refund for their 2023 taxes? We e-filed on 4/14/24. The IRS says they are waiting for the tax acct info to be available on their system.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Anyone else have a delayed IRS refund for their 2023 taxes? We e-filed on 4/14/24. The IRS says they are waiting for the tax acct info to be available on their system.

Maybe they are waiting to match your return with the W2 and 1099R from the employer and IRA plan.  You could ask your employer and IRA if they sent in the employer copy and if it matches what you reported.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies

That doesn't make any sense.  Never heard of the IRS saying that.  Did they tell you that on the phone or was that on the Where's My Refund lookup?  

If you efiled was it Accepted? When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile. Check back though your emails and spam/junk folder.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

Hello,

The Turbo Tax e-file status shows as "Accepted".

The IRS Where's My Refund shows the return as "Received" with a note of apology for the processing being delayed.

I've called the IRS twice. Both times they say I just have to wait, but to double check my return - which I did. There are no errors - we only had W-2 income & one IRA distribution.

The most recent letter from the IRS which states they need an additional 60 days to "obtain the information they need" states: "We're waiting for your tax account information to be available on our computer system."

That made me wonder if it was a Turbo Tax issue.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate any insight you may have. We really need the refund.

Maybe they are waiting to match your return with the W2 and 1099R from the employer and IRA plan.  You could ask your employer and IRA if they sent in the employer copy and if it matches what you reported.  

I'll see if I can double-check those, but no other co-workers have the issue so I can't imagine it's w-2 related & the IRA was from a major financial services firm and we received the 1099-R.

Thanks

There were several problems this season with the IRS not having received the employer copy of w2 and the brokerage copy of 1099. Look at your wage and income transcript in irs.gov to see if these items were reported to IRS. The old outdated computer had problems obtaining this information through social security ( the employer files with social security who then forwards information to IRS).  This problem has affected thousands of people and has nothing to do with whether your employer sent in the proper paper, it’s a computer glitch courtesy of the old archaic irs computer system.

If anybody figures out the solution to this problem and what's going on please let me know reply 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies