Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Any new developments, on my amended return n how much will my refund n EITC bee??

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Any new developments, on my amended return n how much will my refund n EITC bee??

If you filed an amended return, Form 1040X, you can check the status here: Where's My Amended Return?

If you are waiting for an adjustment from the IRS due to new unemployment income exclusion, the IRS anticipates that they will begin to make adjustments and issue refunds to taxpayers starting in May (see: IRS to Recalculate Returns). 

If your original return contained EITC, the IRS will recalculate the new amount and add it to the refund sent to you.  If you did not initially qualify, but do now, you can submit a Form 1040X to claim the credit (see: How to Amend a Return in TurboTax).  

You can estimate the additional amount of your refund by simulating the changes in your current TurboTax account - but I would use caution when doing this and back out any changes you make in case you need to file Form 1040X later - it is important to preserve your initial entries if you need to amend.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies