turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eray28

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

111 Replies

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

According to the IRS expect the return to take 9 weeks to process ... however the refund is usually release faster. 

Any luck? I’m still waiting for my refund, verified my ID a little over a week ago. No update
eray28

no luck yet. I verified mine last thursday, still no update on wheres my refund.

Same here smh.

I verified Monday the 25th an still no update. Hopefully I'll update this weekend

Any idea if they usually update those who verified IDs over the weekend? I have seen people reference weekend updates a few times and I am curious if that is the norm.

@sam2011 I'm not sure I just seen alot of people saying that

OK ... it can happen anytime during the week so just check every few days and don't worry so much as there is nothing you can do to speed up the process.

@Critter#2 have you gone thru this process ?

Many posters on this site over the last 8 years I have been answering questions have and have posted their results. Also I have been an Enrolled Agent in private practice for 28 years so I know the ropes.
kwentonw

Happened to me last year. Called on March 2nd and received my taxes on the 17th.
kwentonw

Going thru the same thing this year so i'm assuming 2 weeks. Last year I had to call, this year I just did it online.

Word to the wise ... don't spend it till you get it and don't plan on it coming on any certain time frame and you will not be disappointed ... the return still needs to go thru processing and can get caught up in there and hold you up.

Any updates for anyone?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies