ianbatty001

Amending my return

I filed my taxes for the first time last night and was under the impression that my dad claimed me in his taxes, but it turns out he didn't. I went to amend my return and changed my status to unclaimed and after I had done so my return on deductions was significantly higher than my income in 2019. Again, this is my first time doing taxes so I just want to make sure that this is normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: So I think I figured it out. I had changed it to say that my dad couldn't claim me, even though he can. I set it to say that he can claim me but isn't going to. Now I'm having another problem though. Now it's saying that I don't get a refund anymore. Again any help with this would be appreciated.

jmjohnson0945

Amending my return

when I was making out my return with Turbo Tax my income from Independent Security was put in twice. 

ReginaM

Amending my return

@ianbatty001  You need answer the dependency questions as follows:

TurboTax will correctly compute your taxes based on these answers.