Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amending a Return - 1099-INT

I am about to file my 2020 return.  I just noticed that my mortgage company included a 1099-INT with my mortgage interest statement.  I went back and realized I missed this on my 2018 return and 2019 return, but included it in 2017 because it was a separate document at that time.  I am assuming I should go back and amend both returns.  Can someone confirm?  Also, with regards to timing:

Can I file my 2020 return now?

Can I amend and submit both the 2018 and 2019 returns at the same time (and I know they need to be submitted separately)?

And is this an acceptable justification to include on both amended returns:

I was getting ready to file my 2020 Tax return and noticed my Mortgage Company included a 1099-INT with my Mortagge Interest Statement, instead of a separate document.  Due to this, I neglected to add this as income on my 2018 and 2019 returns, so I am amending both.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may amend all returns that were missing 1099-INT reporting by following these steps: Amending tax return in Turbo Tax

Yes you may file your 2020 tax return now - more details here: Turbo Tax open and accepting tax returns

Additionally, the following link provides IRS 2020 forms availability: IRS forms availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may amend all returns that were missing 1099-INT reporting by following these steps: Amending tax return in Turbo Tax

Yes you may file your 2020 tax return now - more details here: Turbo Tax open and accepting tax returns

Additionally, the following link provides IRS 2020 forms availability: IRS forms availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies