DanRo

Amending 2020 Return to Add Missed 1099-G

Hello Community,

I filed my federal and state returns for 2020 but left out a 1099-G. The returns were accepted and my refunds were received.

I now want to amend my return and tried using the amend return feature on TurboTax Home & Office. It provides a list of categories to update but there is no 1099-G, only 1099-R to select. I checked each category given and nothing for adding a 1099-G.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

Is your 1099G for unemployment?

Sounds like you are incorrectly looking in the retirement income section.  

Enter your 1099G in Federal>Wages & Income>Unemployment

Go through the screens very carefully, making sure  to enter any federal/state tax you had withheld from the unemployment.

DanRo

Thank you for your fast reply!

It is confusing that some of the tax return topics are not listed to "update" but from your input I played around and saw that I could go in under the 1099-R update and then move to income to find the 1099-G portion. I added the missing 1099-G and then kept moving forward on the return. Also found I could just go back repeatedly to get to the Amended "Update" page where I was stuck and continue from there also.

TurboTax should be clearly here.

Thanks again!