Cdemartino

Amended when i shouldnt have now what

Please help. 

So I filed my taxes before  the new unemployment tax break. An then I amended my taxes to fix it before they announced you didn't need to. I received my refund from thr extra unemployment  but now the amendment I filed is messing up the child tax credit because it's still processing. I went onto my turbo tax account and canceled my amendment will this also cancel it for the IRS so I will get the child tax credit. I've tried to call the IRS to ask or to tell them I didn't need to amend when I did  an couldn't get anyone on the phone hopefully someone can help me here.

DanPaul02

Amended when i shouldnt have now what

TurboTax cannot help.  This will have to be resolved with the IRS.  Cancelling an amend on TurboTax does not cancel it with the IRS.

Cdemartino

Amended when i shouldnt have now what

Ughh that's what I thought. I guess I'll just keep trying to contact them. Thank you for your response 

fanfare

Amended when i shouldnt have now what

@Cdemartino 

IRS will not accept your request to cancel a1040-X either.

The amendment will go through processing and IRS will see that you already got your refund.

It will be as if you never did amend (unless you amended for additional credits).

Then your new child credits will be released to you.

You will get the same total amount in 2021 but in fewer payments.