vtechoria

Amended tax return refund

I had to amend my taxes because i accidentally filed the wrong claim. I changed from head of household to single with 1 dependent. My original refund said my 1400, when amended it said my new refund would be 0. Is that the amount being refunded (i will recieve no refund) or is that the amount i owe? I've been reading other answers and question threads about this but I'm confused.

KrisD

Amended tax return refund

The amount on the 1040X is the difference. If the original said 1400, and the 1040X says 0, it would mean that you are getting 1400 refunded and also 0 MORE, so you will receive 1400 total. You owe 0, but you will still get the 1400. 

KrisD

Amended tax return refund