Amended tax return 2018

I had to amend my 2018 tax return they received it from mailing return July 9,2019 it says takes 16 weeks,

my question does it really take the full 16 weeks or will I get it way before and who else would i beable to contack besides the IRS to find out were they are an about when should I receive return because the IRS just tells me we can look anything up since it has not been the full 16 weeks

Amended tax return 2018

The IRS is your only source of information about your amended return.  TurboTax does not get any information at all about a return that you amended.  It takes 3-4 months for the IRS to process an amended return.  If you are getting a refund, they mail you a check.  You just have to wait--and you will be waiting for awhile if you only mailed it in early July.

Wait about 3 weeks from mailing a 1040X  and you can check the status of your amended return:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

Amended tax return 2018

i accidently claimed my 13 yr old son