LS13

Amended Return

I amended my return to remove a dependent. I checked the amended return status tool and it has a not that it has not been processed because they need more information and to call them. What would be the issue if I just want to remove a dependent? Have anyone been through this? Thanks in advance.

Amended Return

When amending to remove a dependent you may lose the HOH filing status and some credits ... so you must complete the entire MY INFO and DEDUCTIONS & CREDITS  tabs before continuing to the REVIEW and then the  FILE tabs. 

LS13

Amended Return

@Critter-3 I checked the where's my amended return tool again. I read it again. It didn't specifically say they needed more info. It stated my return has not been processed yet and need me to call the number provided. Does that mean they need more info or is it for me to verify the return? They got me nervous. Please help me understand. Thanks

Amended Return

Stop panicking ... just call the number to see what is needed.  Until you do your imagination will run wild.