phattchu

Amended return

Hi Turbo Tax, 

I filed my return and it said I would receive $2,000 back but I haven’t received this amount. 
Then the IRS asked me to submit the forms 8692 and 1095A. I mailed them already. 
Later on, I filed an amending return and I owe $500. 
Do I have to mail the amended return along with the check for $500 right away, or wait for the $2,000 above then mail the amended return and the $500 check?

Thank you. 

Amended return

WAIT ... never mail in an amended return UNTIL the original return has been processed fully.  Until you know for sure what the IRS does with the return you submitted you cannot really do anything. 

JohnB5677

Amended return

I suggest you wait to get the refund.  If things are tied up it can get very confusing.

Amended return

Amended return