Do you have an Intuit account?
You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.
You have to wait until the IRS finishes processing your tax return and you get your refund. Then go to the following link for instructions to amend a 2019 tax return that you filed with TurboTax Online.
An amended return has to be filed on a special form, Form 1040X. It cannot be e-filed. You have to print it, sign it, and file it by mail. It takes the IRS up to 16 weeks to process an amended return.
You can't amend just yet, but here are the instructions for when the option is available:
1. Sign in to your Turbo Tax account.
2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents, click Show on the right.
3. Select 2019 and then click Amend (change) return.
4. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns. If you will get more money back by amending, the refund box will show you the amount.
5. When finished, follow the instructions for printing and mailing your amended return as amendments can't be e-filed.
You won't see the option to amend in Turbo Tax until after February 5. If you haven't received your refund by that date, you should wait until you get your original refund.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post