Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Amend 2014 taxes online

For 2014 taxes I did not use turbo tax (used a CPA), but I realized there is a mistake in the taxes and for some reason I can't hold of the CPA . I need to amend those taxes (change the filing status), is this something Turbo tax can help me with?
1 Reply
Level 15

Amend 2014 taxes online

It is "possible" but a pain.  First you would have to purchase desktop software for 2014 and re-create that tax return EXACTLY--EXACTLY--as it was when originally filed.  Then tell the software you are filing by mail so it thinks you filed.  Then working from the return, you follow the steps to amend and prepare a 1040X, which you then print, sign and mail to the IRS.

 If you need to prepare a return for 2014 or 2015 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it,

Note--you have three years from the original tax filing deadline to send in an amended return.  So you still have time to have your CPA fix that mistake if you do not want to go through all the aggravation.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies