ksharma7

Amend 2014 taxes online

Hi,
For 2014 taxes I did not use turbo tax (used a CPA), but I realized there is a mistake in the taxes and for some reason I can't hold of the CPA . I need to amend those taxes (change the filing status), is this something Turbo tax can help me with?

Amend 2014 taxes online

It is "possible" but a pain.  First you would have to purchase desktop software for 2014 and re-create that tax return EXACTLY--EXACTLY--as it was when originally filed.  Then tell the software you are filing by mail so it thinks you filed.  Then working from the return, you follow the steps to amend and prepare a 1040X, which you then print, sign and mail to the IRS.

If you need to prepare a return for 2014 or 2015 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Note--you have three years from the original tax filing deadline to send in an amended return.  So you still have time to have your CPA fix that mistake if you do not want to go through all the aggravation.