turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hockeymom29
Returning Member

Amed return

So I got an email from turbo tax saying 

-Unfortunately, we were recently notified about an issue that affects the accuracy of your 2019 tax return. When you imported your W-2 form, missing or incomplete data was transferred by UltiPro, your employer's W-2 payroll provider, into your 2019 tax return. We have worked with them and resolved this issue for the future; however, you will need to take steps to ensure that you filed an accurate tax return. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will be there to walk you through the process every step of the way. You may need to amend your tax return to update the information in box 12 of your W-2. In order to determine whether you need to amend, you will need a copy of your W-2. If you have information in box 12, you may need to amend your return.

There was a letter D and $19.46 in box 12a on my w-2. Am I going to have to file an amended return??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Amed return

Code D means you were putting some money into your retirement plan. There is a retirement savers credit. To see if you qualify, follow this link: Retirement Savings Contributions Credit (Saver’s Credit)

If you qualify for the credit, you will want to do an amended return. Once your return is accepted and the finances are settled, you can file an amended return. See how to file an amended return.

Also, how to track an amended return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies