rkingjr8

Alright this is Robert King

I'm wanting to know what is taking so long for my tax return or refund to deposit into my account I get direct deposit you now can somebody please help me out because I'm getting a little too impatient this isn't the time for IRS to decide for me to not get my refund

CarissaM
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Alright this is Robert King

You can track your return by checking the Where's My Refund website located here

If you elected to have your fees deducted from your refund, the IRS will send your return to Santa Barbara Bank, where they will deduct the fees and then deposit any remaining refund into your account. 

You can track your refund at the Santa Barbara website by clicking here

Also, please follow the instructions here to contact the IRS to have them look into why your refund is taking longer than expected. 

mesquitebean

Alright this is Robert King

The IRS says 9 out of 10 filers who efile and choose direct deposit will get their Federal refunds within 21 days after being accepted. Some returns are processed fairly quickly, while others require additional processing due to specific items in the return. Some are pulled at random for more thorough investigation.  If it's been longer than 21 days, I've provided steps below on how to phone the IRS.

Did you efile, or did you choose to print and mail the return?  If you filed by mail, it can take about 6 weeks to get a Federal refund.

If you efiled, double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.
If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.

If that showed it was accepted, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to monitor the status of your Federal refund.  
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.
The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.