jtcanada2123

After Turbo Tax updated, Federal Refund Changed

I filed my tax in early April and got all my refund (Filed Join).  Few days ago when I login again after the latest Turbo Tax updates, saw the Federal Refund amount is now more than I got refund.   When I check the schedule 1 regarding the unemployment income, it is $20,400 instead of the previous $10,200, I believe that is what caused the Federal Refund changed to higher amount.

My question is do I need to file an amend because Turbo Tax only calculate $10,200 on my filing in early April, now Turbo Tax gave a new calculation of $20,400.  

Please advise...!

Thank you.

Mike9241

in a community property state on a joint return, the UC is split 50/50 between the spouses so a maximum exclusion could be $20400 even if only one spouse received UC. in other states the exemption would be based on what each spouse received. at the present, the IRS says it doesn't want amended returns for UC refunds. refunds will take all summer. 

at the present time, I would not file an amended return.

Mike9241

fanfare

please consult the postings on IRS website where it is announced what the IRS is planning to do about the March change in the Unemployment Compensation tax.

jtcanada2123

Thanks for the information, I will wait to hear from IRS then.