Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mtodd186

After my state and federal are accepted on the app what comes next do I just wait?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
mtodd186

After my state and federal are accepted on the app what comes next do I just wait?

Friday what? Just saying Friday doesn't mean anything nor did it come close to answering my question?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Correct, there is nothing more you need to do, just continue to monitor your refunds with the IRS and State. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below, that explains what happens after your return is accepted by the IRS:

My return got accepted. What happens next?

To track the status of your State return by following the directions in the following TurboTax FAQ: How do I track my state refund?

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

Note: Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit funds into your account.

Continue to monitor the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

Please see the links below for more information:

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

Where's My Tax Refund? The IRS Refund Timetable Explained

IRS Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies