sam22da

After my return has been submitted, can I change things in the software to see different scenarios? For example, see the effect of filing separately instead of jointly.

My wife and I both received unemployment.  I want to see if filing separately could lower our taxes.
Bsch4477

You can’t change your return once it’s submitted and accepted. You can amend it, however. 

sam22da

Yeah, I get I can't change my return without doing an amended return.

I just want to run some "what ifs" with my current data.  Assuming I get a favorable result, I'll then amend my return.  I don't want to setup a dummy account and enter all my data back in, I just want to run scenarios like filing separately vs. jointly.