afoy1120

Additional tax owed

Hello,

I used TurboTax to calculate the tax I owed for 2019. I paid the full amount given immediately on February 15. I just received a note from the IRS saying I owe an additional amount. Why did my accepted filing not match with the amount the IRS is giving now?

Thank you,

Amanda

bluedeb

Additional tax owed

The IRS is the only one that would know why they changed the amount you owed from your original return.  There was something in your return that the IRS changed to cause additional taxes owed.  You should receive a letter explaining the change in the amount of taxes owed.  The letter will also have information on what to do if you do not agree with the changes.

bluedeb

Additional tax owed