Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tayajei

Adding Form 1099-int from Chase Sign on bonus $200 to my tax return after already filing. How do I add the 1099-int sign on bonus to my taxes if I already filed and got my taxes?

The 1099-INT form adds to amended return but at the end when checking info it seems like it goes straight to “file returns” page but I thought it is supposed to show something about the 1099-int first. Also it makes me amend both federal and state returns when I’m only adding 1099-int form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Adding Form 1099-int from Chase Sign on bonus $200 to my tax return after already filing. How do I add the 1099-int sign on bonus to my taxes if I already filed and got my taxes?

There is nothing to show about the 1099-INT except how much additional tax you have to pay. The additional interest income will affect both your federal and state tax returns. You have to amend both.

tayajei

Chase bank sent a tax form 1099-INT & it is stating the $200 in Box 1. I know I have to add it somehow, but don’t know how to receive the money. Why pay additional taxes for a bank bonus I don’t understand?

Receive what money?  The bank gave you the $200 bonus interest.  It was added to your bank account.  It is income to you and you owe tax on it.  Did you do the amended return and enter the 1099 INT?

Go by the actual 1040X.  Line 18 should be your original refund amount and line 22 should be your additional refund.  If you paid on your original return it will be on line 16.  If there is an amount owed with the amendment, it will be on line 20.

If you have a tax due, do not send the 1040V.  Just include a check with the 1040X.  Ignore the 1040V.  That is for the original return or what the original return would have been if it didn’t need correcting.  Don’t pay the amount on the 1040V.  Pay the amount on the actual 1040X line 20.

Or You can pay the IRS directly at

Https://www.irs.gov/payments

Pick Amended and 1040X on the payment page.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies