Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bobnmaryj

Accidently selected issue (iss) date in error. how do I de-select it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

If you are using the software and you find out that your ID does not have an ISS (Date Issued), you will not be able to use this feature, instead remove the data from the ID number field and the expiration date field. Even though you have the Drivers License checked, it will allow you to continue as long as all the fields are empty.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

If you are using the software and you find out that your ID does not have an ISS (Date Issued), you will not be able to use this feature, instead remove the data from the ID number field and the expiration date field. Even though you have the Drivers License checked, it will allow you to continue as long as all the fields are empty.

jer20

I Cannot remove the ISS selection even if no date was used

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

On the screen asking for the driver's license or state ID, look for an option under Type of ID for not having either a license or state ID. The license is another layer of security for your identity, but it is not required to file.

Different states have different requirements. The ISS date should be somewhere on your license.

Typically, the expiration date (EXP) will be the driver's birth date. The year will be the length of time the license is allowed to be valid.

For example, North Carolina expiration is eight years for drivers 18-65 and five years for adults 66 and over whereas Michigan expiration is every four years.

For more information, see: Why are you asking for my driver’s license or state ID?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies