misscanada30

Accepted return on 2/10 and still no direct deposit

So I no I posted this already but the irs accepted mine on 2/10 and it'll be 21 days as of tomorrow and still no refund. It still says a refund date will be provided when available. But I do have 4 dependent's and I have the Earned income credit and the additional child tax credit so I wonder if that's why.

Mike9241

That could be why.  however, 21 days is just an estimate. some take shorter periods some take longer

If you claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC), you can expect to get your refund by the first week of March if:

You file your return online
You choose to get your refund by direct deposit
We found no issues with your return
Additionally, your financial institution may need time to accept your direct deposit or issue a debit card. Many institutions don’t process payments on weekends or holidays. So, if you file early, be aware of federal and local holidays that may affect how soon you get your refund.