turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2gs1steph

Wh did I received a 4883C Letter from the IRS?

I was told that the control # on the letter is the DCN or MEF ID # that our tax preparer should have. Has anyone heard of this?

@2gs1steph one of the questions they verify is the control # which is on the letter.  I am not sure if your tax preparer will have that unless they were sent a letter as well.

@linealynn30 wow that's pretty crazy.  Is this the first time this has happened to you?  As long as you verified everything, I guess it would just be a waiting game.  

If I do not get an update on WMR by this Saturday, I will call as well to make sure.

Good luck and keep us all posted!!

yes first time and the thing is nothing has changed at all so don't even know why I am in review or why I had to id verify
azrag2

I verified my 4883c on  2-26-18, was approved 3-3-18 and received my return today 3-7-18. Hope this helps some of you as a form of a timeline.

Going forward, you can change your withholding so that you don't have to wait for a refund at tax time.

I called the IRS on 2-24 and got my letter 3-2 called them same day and got the verification done now it's just a waiting game right now hopefully a update Saturday. Do any of you know why I would get the same letter 2 times saying the exact same thing I haven't done any of this before always went right to getting my refund

taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login

That's a link to see if the IRS has sent out your refund yet and will show u a day it should be in your bank they haven't received my refund yet hope this helps

The message was updated this morning to We have received your tax return and is being processed so hoping to get an approval update by Saturday

taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login is only for taxpayers who asked to have their TT fees deducted from their Federal refunds.

@SweetieJean  o okay I was look around on here and people were saying it was the dd sight to see when your funds go out @topshotfabs  I got that message updated to hopefully we get it soon
2gs1steph

Have anyone gone into the office to verify? If so what did you bring?
2gs1steph

@jodipipkins91 what all did you bring with you?

@2gs1steph my ID, birth certificate, my kids ssn cards, current W2 and prior year W2. Irs website says my refund was sent to my bank 3/7 and my bank hasn’t received it. Pretty good sign it was seized for student loans
2gs1steph

@jodipipkins91 do they like verify accuracy as well and scrutinize while your there? The IRS makes me nervous face to face raises my anxiety just tad lol and will they keep paperwork I just have an paper W2 need to know if I need to copy.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies