Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 tax files missing

Using TT 2023 Deluxe desktop I completed and e-filed.  IRS has received but not processed. I called and supposedly a letter was sent 6 weeks ago that I never got.  So I'm preparing for an IRS appointment and needed to reprint returns and docs from 2022/2021/2020.  I reloaded TT 2022, 2021, 2020 Deluxe desktop and now all the 2023 files are gone!  I've seen a couple of issues of this problem.   It has nothing to do with importing a previous year. I completed, printed, and filed 2023 but now after installing previous years TT, the entire 2023 file is gone.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2023 tax files missing

The link takes me to a new TT login page that I don't have an account for.

I've since found my files. For whatever reason the installation of previous TT editions cleared the tax workup memory from the 2023 edition and by itself couldn't find my files. It simply opened as a newly installed TT.  After much searching I found the files. Strangely, they wouldn't open from TT, but double-clicking on the file forced open TT and is now working.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

2023 tax files missing

Here is a community thread that includes how a user found a solution: https://turbotax.response.lithium.com/console/agent/14456628?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2023 tax files missing

The link takes me to a new TT login page that I don't have an account for.

I've since found my files. For whatever reason the installation of previous TT editions cleared the tax workup memory from the 2023 edition and by itself couldn't find my files. It simply opened as a newly installed TT.  After much searching I found the files. Strangely, they wouldn't open from TT, but double-clicking on the file forced open TT and is now working.

Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies