Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2022 W2-C no numbers in Box 1 and 2

I've received my 2022 W-2C after filing my return. It appears that only the numbers in boxes 3, 4, 5, and 6 have been corrected. Do I need to file an amendment? Will this affect my tax refund or payment? The reason for these corrections is because I left the company earlier than anticipated, as outlined in my sign-on letter, and subsequently returned half of my sign-on bonus. 

Also, what is the process on Windows version? Should I edit the existing W2 or file a new one? If I need to start with a new one, there is no number on the box  1 & 2, should I use last year's information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

2022 W2-C no numbers in Box 1 and 2

@momotax   Normally, you just edit the original W-2 to change the boxes they have numbers in them on the W-2C.

Thus you'd leave boxes 1 & 2 ( and other boxes) alone when you edit the original W-2....and just change 3,4,5,6.

Most people do not need to bother amending for changes to boxes 3,4,5,6 because that has no effect on the taxes due to the IRS (nor refund).

Occasionally, where a person had two employers for that year (2022 in your case) if the total sum of the box 4 $$ amounts from both employer's W-2 forms, changes across the $9114 threshold (for 2022 only) after the W-2 correction is made...in that limited case, an amended Federal tax return would be appropriate, because it does affect the SS overcontribution credit that is involved in that situation.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies