Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

szuniga2k7
Returning Member

2022 Income Tax

So I'm filing old income tax reports. I don't remember employer's information on most of what's reported on my transcript. I don't have W-2 or 1099-NEC I've called IRS and they can't help me unless I know the employers information. I have my transcript with my wages so I know what I made that year. Can I fill out a 4582 even if I don't have complete employers information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

2022 Income Tax

Yes, include the name and address of your employer.  The IRS has the transcript so be sure to include a copy of that with the tax return when you mail it to the IRS.  The W-2s are required to be attached when mailing a return, so the transcript will suffice.  The IRS does know the information and it is in their system even if they could not help you on when you called.

The Form 4852 is the appropriate action in your situation.  Be sure to sign your return before you mail it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
szuniga2k7
Returning Member

2022 Income Tax

Problem is I don't remember Employer's name and address and the transcript doesn't give me complete information. What do I do in that situation. 

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

2022 Income Tax

My advice would be to use the internet search. It may be as easy as checking or searching the employer in maps or other internet sites even it it's an old address.  You can use the address you find and at the very least a city and state along with the employer's name.

@szuniga2k7  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies