Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2022 comparative data isn't showing in 2023 tax return preparation

I started filling out my return online, but switched to the downloaded software on my computer.  In neither case was my 2022 comparative data showing up.  I filed last year using TurboTax download.  Is there some way to trigger TurboTax to gather my 2022 return data?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

@ scottrfitzgerald wrote:

I started filling out my return online, but switched to the downloaded software on my computer.  In neither case was my 2022 comparative data showing up.  I filed last year using TurboTax download.  Is there some way to trigger TurboTax to gather my 2022 return data?

How did you switch from Online to desktop?  Did you download the *.tax2023 data file from Online TurboTax and opened it in 2023 desktop software?   If so, it won't have the 2022 data since you used 2022 desktop last year.

In order to have the 2022 data in your 2023 desktop program, you'd need to start a new return in your desktop 2023 TurboTax, and at the start it should find the 2022 data file and will ask you to transfer-in the *.tax2022 data file.  Do you still have that file on your computer?

Only by starting over.  You can only transfer from 2022 into a new blank 2023 return.  When you started the Online return you could have transferred from the .tax2022 file on your computer.  Now you switched to the Desktop program.  So to transfer start a new return, go up to File-New.  Otherwise you will have to manually enter any 2022 info it needs as you go along.  

I do have the 2022 tax file.  Will I be able to recover the information I entered for 2023, or do I truly need to start over?

Sorry if you want to transfer from 2022 you have to start over with a new return.  What do you need from 2022?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies