turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jessielewis1998
Returning Member

2021 Taxes

I put the wrong account number in and it’s been months and haven’t been able to directly talk to anyone. I do not know what to do. Please help! 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

2021 Taxes

Does the IRS website indicate that your refund was issued?  If so, and the bank info was wrong, the IRS will eventually mail you a check.

jessielewis1998
Returning Member

2021 Taxes

It says “There is a delay in processing your tax return and your expected refund date may have changed” but it has been months since they have sent the money back to the IRS

2021 Taxes

Who sent the money back ?   Did the IRS ever issue the refund ? 

jessielewis1998
Returning Member

2021 Taxes

I never received my taxes. I filed on Turbo Tax and put the wrong account number. I contacted the bank and they said that the account holder that received my money sent it back to the bank and that it was sent back to the irs to get a check mailed but it has been since February and I still have not received a check. I can not get in touch with anyone from the IRS.. I don’t know what to do

2021 Taxes

Ok... so you got lucky and the incorrect bank account holder was honest and rejected the deposit then your bank sent it back to the IRS who will usually convert the refund to a paper check mailed to the address on your tax return ... this process can take a month or 2 to happen.  So log into your IRS account and look at the account transcript to see what is happening.  https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

jessielewis1998
Returning Member

2021 Taxes

I am on the transcript but not sure how to read it. Could you help with that? Please! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies