Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

Exactly! We filed and paid our taxes all year long and when it comes to getting what is owed to us there is always a catch sorry but if you have earned income or have kids you have to wait longer....

Just curious as to why you are here. You clearly are not waiting on a refund. What's the issue? It's ok to feel lucky about getting 1 lump-sum. Oh, I got my federal with eic on Wednesday. Crazy right. Now maybe it wasn't much but I got it. Oh guess what I did with it? Paid daycare for 6 months. I have been working 11 years same place, 1 child 4 years old. Yet first year EIC. 😁

@tiffluv81 no just no...anyone claiming eic has to wait. That is a law not an option  . You probably got a refund advance or just straight up bs'ing. 

Either way ..no just no. 

@Jaswiththeplan sheeeeit I need about a bottle of wine deal with whoever that lady was like why was she here? If she don’t get gone 

Small update:

WMR still hasn't updated to PATH message but just checked transcripts and they finally filled in

SO I just want to say 

inhave a MINOR update after midnight ...for my return transcripts are no longer blank , other bottom ones are BUT these ones are available now! 

my info is on it and my cycle changed to 20200705 

07 is for Thursday’s and 05 is weekly so whoever is in this batch we update weekly in Thursday’s  your welcome 

@Shelbyashirley apparently we're in the same batch!

@nick112207 @I just found out our batch is weekly and updates Thursday nights!  That’s what 20200705 ... 07 is Thursday night and 05 is weekly so Finally SOME answers ! At least for this batch. 

now I wait for SOMEONE to say checking transcripts doesn’t help when it’s always helped me in the past 😒

@Shelbyashirley @nick112207 I'm 0705 that's what's on return  transcripts but I see no codes on the account transcript still. Account trans and wage are blank. But return  and record of account are poste

@Shelbyashirley they do help. 

Although it changes after the path act is lifted because the path act forces everyone to be weekly. Good news is most of us are originally daily updates. I'm an 04 when the path lifts. I have a transcript from 2018 before the path lifted and its 05 weekly and j pulled it after the path lifted and jts back to my original 04 code meaning daily on Wednesday . I would love to add a piece from the irs stating that process but people seem to not believe anything. 

I think im.in the wrong message room? I just filed my taxes it's not  eitc or ACTC. I just did my W-2 and waiting for my refund  Is that the same thing as  EITC? or is it depends on how much you make?

@Kesi12 @Give it sometime this is the first time I’m seeing ANY movement with my transcripts thus far this year. This means they’re finally really processing our stuff this is just a waiting game now there’s actually progress and @caron1981 im usually a weekly updater anyways. Anytime I’ve needed clearer answers I always look at my transcripts, I got my Ddd date and deposit before WMR even updated last year by checking them Dailey 

So does EITC earned income tax credit just mean your getting money back or?

When you filed you can see if you have EITC OR ACTC on your documents? TT literally tells you if you qualify or not. 

Below is from the irs code manual about the path act. A c code freeze forced everyone on the path to be weekly and to hold all refunds.

It says below we will go back to either daily or weekly. Which ever your account was before the path act was made. 

Mine was daily so it'll go back to daily. 

Codes on transcripts change alot. 

1. Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015 (the PATH Act), was enacted on December 18, 2015. The PATH Act contains several changes to the tax law that affect individuals, families, and businesses, and help safeguard against tax fraud. The PATH Act mandates that the IRS not issue any refund on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until February 15th.

2. All current year tax returns that claim EITC and/or ACTC filed before February 15th, will contain a C- freeze on the account, to hold the refund.

3. Prior to February 15th, the refund cannot be released:

• by inputting any type of adjustment to the account

• due to a hardship (hardships will not be considered as long as the C- freeze is on the account). This includes the part of the refund that is not associated with the EITC or ACTC.

4. The C- freezes will be systemically released on February 15th for modules processed daily, and on the first Thursday after February 15th for modules processed weekly. If February 15th falls on a Thursday, both daily and weekly modules will be systemically released on the 15th. Module processing can be found in the upper right corner on CC IMFOL. Refer to IRM 21.4.1.4, Refund Inquiry Response Procedures, and IRM 21.4.1.4.2, Return/Refund Located, for additional information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies