turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wcsc0304

2020 Federal Refund

Filed with Turbo Tax on April 15th 2021 and it was accepted by the IRS. 1099G form was done and I understand because of a lot of factors that the IRS is seriously behind but recently my refund amount changed (increased) on the Turbo Tax site reflecting the unemployment break. My question is now that the amount has changed does anyone know how long before the refund is issued? I check the "Where's my refund" tool but it just says it's still being processed.  My thoughts are since the amount has changed it has to be soon before it is sent to my bank account,  correct? Or am I wrong 🤔

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

2020 Federal Refund

What TurboTax does has nothing to do with what the IRS is doing. Once your e-filed tax return has been accepted by the IRS, there is no further communication between TurboTax and the IRS. TurboTax does not get any feedback from the IRS, and the IRS does not get any further input from TurboTax. TurboTax updated the tax calculation on its web site. The IRS doesn't know that TurboTax did that, and the IRS was not involved in the update. The update in TurboTax doesn't tell you anything about what the IRS is doing.

Wcsc0304

2020 Federal Refund

Oh ok. Thank you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies