DalvikVM

2019 Verification of Non-Filing Despite Filing Taxes

Hey, so, I tried to efile this year (usually just mail it) and my AGI was sent back as incorrect. I went onto the IRS Transcript site and my 2019 Taxes have a verification of Non-Filing instead of the transcript.

From what I can tell, that means they didn't get my taxes last year, despite the fact I mailed them.

I thought maybe USPS had lost them and I just forgot to look and see if they had cashed my check. 

Yep, I can see on my bank statement that they cashed it.

Should I be concerned about this? Or figure it's the pandemic gumming up the works?

The IRS is too backed up to take a call and I want to resolve this ASAP, so any help is appreciated.

Thank You!

normankm

I have the same situation. Let's keep this active so we can get an answer.

caspurlock

Same here!  I also got a letter from WV State Tax Dept stating I didnt file 2016 taxes and they issued me a refund.  I called and spoke to someone who asked for the letter number and of course he claimed they are showing no refund.

brucespook

The IRS was way behind,  of course,  in getting paper returns from 2019 entered.  So if you get an error showing wrong AGI  use 0 and the 2020 return should go through efile then.